Our website will be unavailable on 30th March 2019 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM for a scheduled maintenance.We apologise for any inconvenience that may be caused.
Singapore, 7 April 2020 – In light of the COVID-19 situation, some companies may have difficulties holding their Annual General Meetings (AGMs) and filing their Annual Returns (ARs).
2. ACRA will grant a 60-day extension of time for all listed and non-listed companies whose AGMs are due during the period 16 April 2020 to 31 July 2020. Companies that had previously been granted extension of time to hold their AGMs within this period will also be given a further 60 days of extension from the last date of extension. The AR filing due dates for the period 1 May 2020 to 31 August 2020 for all listed and non-listed companies will also be extended for 60 days. There is no need for these companies to apply for the extension of time with ACRA.
3. ACRA will also not impose any penalties on listed and non-listed companies whose AGMs are due during the period 1 April to 15 April 2020 if they hold the AGM within 60 days of the due date. Their AR filing due dates will also be extended for 60 days. There is no need for these companies to apply for the extension of time.
4. Please refer to the table below for details:
Original Due Date / Extended Due Date previously granted for AGM
New AGM due date
New AR due date
16 Apr 2020 to 30 Apr 2020
15 Jun 2020 to 29 Jun 2020
15 Jul 2020 to 30 Jul 2020
1 May 2020 to 31 May 2020
30 Jun 2020 to 30 Jul 2020
31 Jul 2020 to 29 Aug 2020
1 Jun 2020 to 30 Jun 2020
30 Aug 2020 to 29 Sep 2020
1 Jul 2020 to 31 Jul 2020
30 Sept 2020 to 30 Oct 2020
5. Similarly, SGX RegCo in consultation with ACRA, will give time extensions for listed companies with 31 Mar 2020 financial year-end to hold their AGM by 29 Sep 2020. Please refer to SGX’s announcement at www.sgx.com/media-centre.
6. ACRA will continue to monitor the situation closely. For companies that have AGM due dates that are beyond July 2020, ACRA will consider if there is a need to extend time at a later date.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Ms Shelley Chua
Assistant Director, Corporate Communications
Tel: 6325 3722
The Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) is the national regulator of business entities, public accountants and corporate service providers in Singapore. We promote a trusted and vibrant environment for businesses to thrive and flourish, and contribute towards making Singapore the best place for business.
For more information, please visit: www.acra.gov.sg.